Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Time well wasted

I was warned...

Warned about diapers. Two weeks ago I changed 3 diapers in 10 minutes. Some days it would make sense to just leave him on the changing table.

Warned about free time, or the lack thereof. I've had to say no to golf. Projects got shoved to the back-burner.  I crawl into bed at night and wonder what happened with my day. Date nights, a clean garage, and time to think have all but disappeared.

Warned about the sleep. Jones slept 3 nights in a row for 8 hours and got his parents all pumped up. The real average has been a long nap of 3-5 hrs and the rest of the time waking up every 2.5 hours. I usually get to put him to bed but earlier this week I let Maria do it...I was so tired it felt like I was going to drop him.


What I wasn't warned about was that my new favorite past-time would become letting Jones fall asleep on my chest. Maybe it's the warm body. Maybe it's the smell of that baby hair. I don't know but somehow I can sit down, he'll put his head on my chest and we'll just chill out for an hour...or maybe two. Sometimes we fall asleep, or just zone out. Either way, I never imagined I could spend so much time doing nothing but staring at our little man. I'm living in the moment, because I know I'm gonna miss this some day...

J








2 comments: