Thursday, August 27, 2015

It is well with my soul

Sitting here at dupont hospital in room 2112 I wanted to journal a few thoughts about my 2 weeks of illness.

-we think we have more control than we do over our physical body's functioning.  I've never felt more out of control of my body or more dependant on God's authority over my physical life. 
- Romans 8- the present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that's to be revealed in us as His children. Also in rom. 8- so many promises I can claim as a child of God. (See post about psalm 27 and the song by Bethel "no longer slaves ") "You split the sea so I can walk right through it, you drown my fears in perfect love, you rescue me and I will stand and sing, I am a Child of God "
- illness changes my understanding of the eternal.  The only real thing that matters this side of heaven is the fact that Jesus is Lord of my life.  I have many blessings to enjoy while I'm here (children, spouse,  family,  friends ) but when I felt like my body was dying -only heaven and the eternal mattered. I'm glad it appears I'm going to be well at this point, I so desperately want to raise my own babies.. but even they are God's possessions and He is who decides that.
-God has shown His care for me in incredible ways during this illness.  The power of prayer, Godly nurses caring for me (even a midnight laying on of hands by 2 precious nurses on Dupont's med/surg floor). I made every believer who visited me pray over me, read scripture to me, etc.   My boys have been loved to pieces by wonderful, Godly family and friends.  Every time the boys would leave after visiting I'd cry.. but almost every time that happened God gave me something encouraging to think on.
-  I have wonderful coworkers and boss, who tried to find ways to help cheer me while here.

I feel weak,  messy and tired... but so cared for by my Abba Father.. and His care for me was often shown through you His people.
That's all for now. 
Thanks for everything !
Maria

3 comments:

  1. Love this and love you! Glad you are getting your thoughts down in the middle of the crazy, it really points me to the Lords sovereignty

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you've been sick. :( This sounds so hard, let alone with two little boys to care for! prayers as you recover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thoughts, Maria. Good seeing you this afternoon--keep resting up! Love you!

    ReplyDelete