Wednesday, April 8, 2015

No Longer A Slave to Fear.. I am a child of GOD

I was just telling Jeremy over the weekend that I sure could use some new music on my playlist.. it's been a really long time since I updated my worship list. I love songs that provoke my heart to worship and touch me deep in my soul. One way I really connect to the Lord is through music- something in my nature and probably many peoples. 

I also have been studying Psalm 27 some this week and the Psalm and this song "No Longer Slaves" by Bethel seem to be working in my heart and mind a lot. 

It always takes me a few times listening to actually "hear" the lyrics to a song.. but here is a link to it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8TkUMJtK5k

                                                                           Psalm 27: 1-5

1: "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When evildoers assail me to eat up my flesh my adversaries and foes, it is they who stumble and fall.
3 Though an army encamp against me; my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, yet I will be confident.
4 One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple
5 For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock."

The whole Psalm is awesome. But as I consider the concept of being a slave to fear- I can really see how easily ensnared in that lie I get. After Jones I had a lot of irrational anxiety and fear... And the enemy loves to attack me with feelings of depression and over-whelmedness.. So heading into another birth experience all I've been able to do is pray and hope that this time is different. Psalms and songs like this remind me who I am- no longer a slave to fear and dread of: depression, loss, sin, anxiety, selfishness, exhaustion, the world, or ANYTHING that sets itself up against the truth of who God says I am- I AM a CHILD OF GOD. Vs 5:"For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock". 

                                                 "No Longer Slaves"

You unravel me, with a melody
You surround me with a song
Of deliverance, from my enemies
Till all my fears are gone
I’m no longer a slave to fear
I am a child of God

From my mothers womb
You have chosen me
Love has called my name
I’ve been born again, into your family
Your blood flows through my veins

You split the sea
So I could walk right through it
All my fears were drowned in perfect love
You rescued me
So I could stand and sing
I am child of God

1 comment:

  1. Jean Fleming writes in that book we were both reading on vacation that the Lord uses "weak branches" when we are attached to the Vine. I find that such a comfort in times of feeling weak & insufficient! I appreciated the reminder & song you referenced here. Thanks for the encouragement : )

    ReplyDelete