Thursday, April 23, 2015

Stop and Smell the Shadows

It's amazing to me how I'm almost 30 and it always feels like I don't know how I got where I am. I have to think really hard about the past week, month, year, and decade just to remember pivotal, and trivial, times of life that I've been through.

I'm a "man of the moment", I love living fully in whatever I'm doing at the time. At times I'm so consumed by my immediate moments, I don't plan for the next. Ask my sometimes annoyed wife, she'll tell ya. 

Maybe I should clarify. Being a man of the moment is what I love and when I feel really alive. I can still get there but it's much harder now with my lifestyle/environment seemingly pushing me towards routine, robotic living.

Sleep. Eat. Work. Eat. Change Diapers.....Repeat.

Which leads me to the whole point of this blog, I've found what rips me out of this robotic routine. What re-focuses a distracted brain from the repetitive nature of life and points me towards "The Moments" that make life special.

Kids. My kids. Other people's kids. Kids with developing minds. Kids that stop and live in The Moment because they don't have a choice, they are entranced by what they've discovered. Kids that are searching for another Moment, pivotal or trivial they don't care. It's still new and still amazing.  

I got to see my son discover his shadow the other day, and it was amazing to me. Again, he reminded old Dad: 

Slow Down. Live in Moments. Discover New Ones.

Jeremy






1 comment: