Wednesday, April 9, 2014

GS: Day 5...Tuesday

We had breakfast out today...it was kind of nice to just wake up and go get food and coffee. There's a really nice canal close that had a restaurant overlooking it. No boats moving but I find I like being close to water. Might be the landlubber in me.

Today was the beach day and much to Maria's dismay, Jones isn't interested in coating himself with oily cream, baking under a hot sun, and digging sand out of his shorts. Who's surprised? This is also the day I get weird tan lines and somehow burn on the back of my neck, side of my knees, and top of my feet. Great.

We did however find some interim Grandmas that insisted on babysitting for 5 minutes. It's strange because in high school and college I couldn't get girls on the beach to look twice at me. Add a kid to the equation and they're like the seagulls that know you have a loaf of bread, can't get them to leave you alone. I guess the only consolation is most of the women chasing me now, to get to Jones, are over 40.

It rained and Jones got to see his first double rainbow....it was pretty sweet seeing it over the Gulf.

Today kinda turned into a smaller version of our trip. Not much going on, and that's the plan. What separates this week from the rest of the year has been the chance to see my family all day long. It's great getting Jr. out of bed in the morning, he seems to be happy to see anyone when he wakes up. It's also different to have so much time to talk, connect, and see my wife.

Translation: Guys, come visit ASAP, need intervention!!

Just kidding, it's been really good. With our work schedules at home, we don't have time to just sit, drink coffee on the porch, and talk about life, feelings, raising kids, etc. It's also been good to do devotions together, since we often have life and scripture strike us differently.

Enough blogging, looks like live coverage from The Masters is on...


Jer



Breakfast time
 


Substitute Gma



Beach Bum







Jones in the morning


No comments:

Post a Comment