Monday, April 7, 2014

Gulf Shores: Day 1

Well, not exactly Gulf Shores. I65 for 6.5 hours to be exact. High winds, light traffic. I've found it hard to leave my childhood behind. When we stop I still try and go to the bathroom right before we get back on the road, even if I just went 20 min earlier. We're blaming this habit on Leonda. I also have trouble sleeping in on vacation. It's scary becoming your parents. For now, I'll keep resisting.

The first J. Stieglitz family vacation. We were nervous about Mr. Jones traveling but turns out he's been a champ. We also recently installed a "toy bar" on his carseat, this might have something to do with it. He's also gotten particularly good at putting his own nook in his mouth, it goes in the right way about half the time. It's been fun for dad to be around Jr. all day and get to watch the amazing ability of a baby's mind to develop and learn.

Spending our first night outside of Nashville, the drawwwwwlll keeps getting a little longer the more we travel. Jones got his first elevator ride. Hotel was nice but no hot tub and the pool was closed. Why is the pool always closed?

This part of the trip is why I always wonder why I live in Indiana. Flat and corn fields. Flat. Flat. Flat. Is it family? Or just where I grew up? Basically all the views between Indy and the beach make me want to move, and are also the reason I spend considerable time on the rumble strip. Can't stop this ADD from looking...

We ate supper at a joint off I65 called Tumbleweed. Waitress was nice, food not so much. Tex-Mex cuisine is kind of a weird mix for us Yanks.

Tumbleweed did however introduce Maria to her first Jackalope. Ask her about it.

Jer


 Strapped in but happy.

He loves the Big Bed. Not conducive to sleeping in. 


 Our first elevator ride. Not the first baby selfie.



  

 "Aww, Mom...is this what Aunt Ti gets to do all day?? Drink delicious iced beverages??"






2 comments:

  1. good luck on resisting the pull toward become your parents! i got called Leonda this weekend when i suggested having sunday breakfast at 8:15! there's worse things, right Mom? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that's pretty much all I do, drink delicious iced beverages :)

    ReplyDelete